Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I read that the US has asked Iran to intervene in Iraq to calm the Shi`ite political mood. It seems that Iran has influence over As-Sadr, after all. But any irony in that? What price will Iran extract from the US? The mess in Iraq is such that the US will be asking for help from any government that may offer it. So much for the push for democracy and human rights in the region. Don't be surprised if Bush's wars on terrorism result in more US support for Middle Eastern oppression. After decades of US opposition to Israeli settlements (although the US diplomatic tone on settlements has been softening) the New York Times is reporting today that US will now support the preservation of "some" Israeli settlements. And after decades of official US opposition to "unilateral" steps or moves by any party in the Arab-Israeli conflict, the US will now be supporting Sharon's unilateral steps. But then again; Israeli unilateral steps are cute, as opposed to Palestinian unilateral steps. Finally, several of you urged me to split my posts into paragraphs. To that I say, no way. No. I will not do that. If that strains your eyes, have them checked. OK? Also, in Angry Arab's republic, the disgustingly sexist Hooters' restaurants will be closed down, and turned into either shelters for battered women, or to centers for feminist studies. All former managers of Hooters' restaurants will be sent to feminist rehabilitation camps. OK? (Maria (my ex) suggested that I need an editor for the site. I cannot agree more, given all my typos, mistakes and errors. This, however, does not negate this: that Angry Arab is always right). OK??