Friday, August 22, 2014

Execution of Collaborators in Gaza

Oh, please, spare me your tears about the collaborators. I have lived in the US for more than 31 years and the only Palestinians that you seem to mourn and eulogize are collaborators and informers for the Israeli occupation.  Name me one resistance movement that did not execute collaborators and informers.  Name one.  The US war of independence? The civil war? Name one.  I personally would be pleased if the Palestinian resistance were to emulate the standards of the French resistance but I am against some of the cruelty exhibited by the French resistance when they would sometimes kill members of the families of collaborators (there were cases when the pets were not spared).  The Palestinian resistance should adhere to higher standards.  I am also pleased that the collaborators were put before a court prior to the death sentences.  Israel never put Palestinians on trial before killing them.  Israel kills Palestinians suspects and call that "targeted killing".  Well, the Palestinian are more accurate and legalistic in their punishment of collaborators.